Keep an eye out for our SQUIRRELS
Winners don’t become winners by accident. They set goals: long-term, intermediate-term, and short-term. As Don Sutton said, “Without goals we bounce around like ships without rudders.”
Result goals may be to win 20 games during a season or to bat .300, but a player has to figure out how he can help himself reach those long-term goals.
He does this by focusing on daily, functional goals: goals of attitude and behavior. Goals of approach – to hitting, pitching, all dimensions of his game.
He has control of these goals! It is very helpful to put them in writing and refer to them each day. Persistence is the key.
- To get something out of all situations, rather than complain about them.
- To hustle, rather than dog it.
- To be prepared, rather than just show up.
- To be consistent, rather than occasional.
- To be early, rather than just on time – or late.
- To want to learn, rather than want to explain or excuse.
- To do more, rather than just enough – or less.
- To be mentally tough, rather than mentally lazy or intimidated.
- To concentrate on what to do, rather than what may result.
- To be aggressive, rather than passive – or submissive.
- To know their limitations, rather than try to do more than they’re capable of.
- To think about solutions, rather than worry about problems.
- To share with and help others, rather than be selfish.
- To think and act positively, rather than negatively.
- To accept adversity as part of the game – and of life, rather than magnify the adverse conditions and seek sympathy.
-No matter where you are, you’re a Squirrels Baseball player, you represent the staff, baseball program, and the program…conduct yourself with the utmost of integrity
-Take pride in being a squirrels player and having the opportunity to be part of something great.
-Wear a belt, Tuck in your shirt, and put your hat on straight! Little things can lead to big results!
-Always express a positive and productive ATTITUDE….your attitude is a result of and is controlled by your desire, discipline, and demeanor.
-When in doubt remember: HUSTLE IN, HUSTLE OUT!
" Great to have my child is such an amazing program run by awesome Coaches"
"My kids learned so much in such a short time"
"Its about time Valley Center has a travel program to compete with other neighboring cities"
Have a question about our products, or about how we can match your specific needs? If you have a close deadline or a special request, ask us. Send us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.